Monday, May 28, 2007

KYOTO TRIP

Kyoto trip was fun but it was tired because we walk a lot in raining. I like the Ryokan and around the area because there are many greens. Onsen was very nice. Dinner was also fun because I had nice onversation with other student. The rock garden in the temple was also beautiful.

However, most favorite place in kyoto was Ito Jyakutyu exibition. I could have nice experience because I have never seen traditional Japanese paint in live. His works was very amazing. Especially, the contrast of color was very beautiful. He makes a lot of color from a few pigment. I also liked the statue eventhough it was not Jyakutyu's work. The eye of statue was very strong. It looks like has a life.

I could learn many things through the trip since I have never been in Kyoto. If I have money and time, I like to visit again.

3 comments:

gregory said...

hey i wonder if you can incorporate some of his style into your book.

Crisp Mini said...

we talk a bunch during the work days, but i just thought of something. a lot of cook books, in the US atleast, use tabs on the side to help people flip to the correct pages quickly, perhaps you could use this. the tabs could use the flag of the native land of the gaijen or a small pic of the food, or just words. u click the tab and it pulls up the recipe, and then the next page can be your interview with that person.

you could then probably eliminate your table of contents b/c it would be sorta useless with the tabs.

Ichigo said...

Maybe you could use some decorative motifs from his paintings to help illustrate the pages of the website?